YouthAdvance fees are based on a membership process. The membership fee is $45.00 per month and covers the following inclusions as well as insurance;
- Monthly voluntary participant meetings via Zoom (example recorded session)
- Personal booked ‘Award set up’ or ‘progress meeting’ at YouthAdvance HQ in Brookvale NSW or via Zoom conference calling (please book directly with your Award Leader)
- Client Award Centres – yearly parent and participant information meeting held at your venue (COVID19 – Zoom meeting if required)
- Client Award Centres – set up meetings dedicated to getting started (Online Record Book registration, Award set up, logging hours) run at the school or via Zoom
- State required Assessor checks (experience and Working With Children Checks)
- Access to the Online Record Book (ORB)
- Unlimited one on one phone, email and zoom support as required with their YouthAdvance Award Leader
- Adventurous Journeys coordinated by YouthAdvance as a closed group (Client Award Centre participants who can not attend scheduled dates can also attend our open school holiday programs) – The fees for the AJs are payable separately: AJ Fees
- Client Award Centres – Award completion meetings (Award completion, finalising logs, AJ reports, assessor reports, Award sign off process) towards the end of the year
- Completed Awards to be finalised/processed by YouthAdvance, pending approval from the Award State Authority
- Public & Product Liability insurance with a minimum cover of $20,000,000
- Personal Accident insurance covering all Participants and Volunteers
Our insurance policies cover all participants and Assessors while undertaking activities towards their Award.
- Adventures Journey fees (these are paid separately to the monthly membership fee – you can review costs here)
- Equipment for Adventurous Journey Fees (equipment purchase and rental options available for all YouthAdvance Adventurous Projects and Journeys via our Store).
As of 1st of February 2019, all YouthAdvance participants who wish to undertake their AJs externally to YouthAdvance will be required to complete the External Adventurous Journey Providers (EAJP) AJ Request Application Form, this is due to our responsibility and priority to ensure, that the organisations our participants engage with are fulfilling their duties to ensure safety and abide by the award requirements. The lodgement of the EAJP will incur a $55.00 administration fee payable per participant, per program.
Fees to Undertake Duke of Ed with YouthAdvance
Thank you for joining YouthAdvance. Please note, your membership will commence and Award Registration approval via the online record book will be made on successful payment of the State Registration Fee. Please ensure you review and note your membership fee schedule as below:
- Bronze – State Registration Fee (one-off – refer below for cost based on State)
- Bronze – YouthAdvance Monthly Membership Fee $45.00
- Silver – State Registration Fee (one-off – refer below for cost based on State)
- Silver – YouthAdvance Monthly Membership Fee $45.00
- Gold – State Registration Fee (one-off – refer below for cost based on State)
- Gold – YouthAdvance Monthly Membership Fee $45.00
In addition, the AJ costs and any equipment for these AJs is payable.
Cancellation or Suspension of Membership – you can cancel or suspend your membership at any point of time. To cancel or suspend your membership you are required to email [email protected] with your request. Recommencement fees apply as per our terms and conditions. For completion of Award Level – Your membership will be cancelled on the achievement of the active award level and a new invoice issued for the next level for those wishing to continue.
New South Wales – Award Fees
NSW Bronze MembershipState Registration Fee - $140.00 (payable directly to State Office)
NSW Silver MembershipState Registration Fee - $150.00 (payable directly to State Office)
Australian Capital Territory – Award Fees
ACT Bronze MembershipACT YouthAdvance Initial Registration Fee - $172.00
ACT Silver MembershipACT YouthAdvance Initial Registration Fee - $182.00
South Australia – Award Fees
Western Australia – Award Fees
Victoria – Award Fees
Disadvantaged Youth Project Funding – APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award – Australia has received funding from the Federal Government to financially support Award Participants who are considered disadvantaged and/or living with a disability. This funding will be provided after an application process as a grant to an Award Unit, should the application be successful. This grant continues to strengthen the Award’s reach and accessibility – substantially increasing the number of Award Participants undertaking and completing an Award. The Award is seeking to support between 250 and 600 young people to commence and complete the Award every six months with a total support of approximately 4000 young people over a three year period. Applications will be reviewed in funding rounds. Funding is limited and cannot be guaranteed, but all applications will be considered, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria. https://dukeofed.com.au/resources/funding-assistance/