Achieving your Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is an adventure from beginning to end. YouthAdvance Australia can give you some of your most memorable experiences!
Our Duke of Ed Adventurous Journeys are designed to challenge and provide you with a sense of achievement.
YouthAdvance Australia offer school-specific programs and Open programs for individuals during school holidays. We have Duke of Ed Adventurous Journeys all around the country, from the urban fringes to some of the most remote locations in Australia. We offer all levels of Adventurous Journeys with activities such as hiking, kayaking, snowshoeing, canyoning.
Our qualified and experienced Guides will teach you the necessary skills like navigation, camp craft and teamwork on your practice expedition and then assess your skills on your qualifying expedition. Our staff do not lead from the front, they mentor and instruct from the back. We do this to ensure that you and your group have the opportunity to work as a team and make sound judgments based on your training. You will be required to take responsibility and make decisions for yourself while under the supervision from experienced and qualified outdoor professionals.
PROGRAM FACTS (Excluding Staffing Solutions)
- Participant to staff ratios 7:1 for hiking programs, 8:1 for paddling programs and PacknPaddles;
- Maximum number of participants for all programs is 25 (Back to Back or overlapping programs available for larger bookings);
- Emergency communication equipment carried: VHF, UHF, PLB, Satellite Phone, Sat Messenger and Tracker;
- Map case, map and compass supplied to each participant;
- Each participant pair is supplied with a serviced and maintained Trangia Stove (gas converted) and pot set for all programs.
- Transport to and from the program venue (Sydney) based school included in advertised price;
- All guides hold industry qualifications along with wilderness or remote area first aid qualifications;
- Modern, registered well-maintained kayaks and safety equipment;
- Powerboat support for paddling sections (where possible);
- FREE preliminary training – either in your school or online – and a FREE pre-trip briefing; and
- Medical data collected using our e-platform for paperless collection.
For independent awardees or if you missed your School Duke of Ed program. Our Open Programs are run during school holidays in some of the most stunning locations around Australia.
Do you have an existing program but struggle to find staff. YouthAdvance can supply you with qualified and experienced guides to ensure that you meet industry standards and best care for your students.
YouthAdvance is passionate in keeping outdoor ed in schools around Australia. Our Program Solutions allows teachers to keep a role in the coordination of their school AJ. Bonus – YouthAdvance do all the work!
|OPEN NSW Gold Prac/Qual Hike Sept 27-30||Turon National Park, New South Wales||
|CHATSWOOD Bronze Qual Sept 30 - Oct 1||Marramarra National Park, New South Wales||
|ST URSULA'S Silver PnP Prac Oct 8-10||Lake Lyell, New South Wales||
|OPEN Residential Project - Virtual - October 2021||YouthAdvance HQ - Brookvale NSW||
|PITTWATER Silver Hike Qual Oct 14-16||Turon National Park, New South Wales||
|NBSC Gold Prac/Qual Hike Dec 13-18||Kosciuszko National Park, New South Wales||
|NEWTOWN Bronze Qual Hike||Marramarra National Park, New South Wales||
|ST URSULA'S Bronze Qual Nov 19-20||Marramarra National Park, New South Wales||
|TRAC Gold Adventurous Journey||Kosciuszko National Park, New South Wales||
|OPEN Residential Project - Virtual - December 2021||YouthAdvance HQ - Brookvale NSW||
|ST URSULA'S Silver PnP B2B Dec 13-17||Marramarra National Park, New South Wales||
|OPEN NSW Bronze Prac/Qual Hike Dec 20-21||Marramarra National Park, New South Wales||
|OPEN NSW Silver Prac/Qual PnP Dec 20-22||Marramarra National Park, New South Wales||
|OPEN NSW Bronze Prac/Qual Hike Jan 6-7||Southern Highlands, NSW||
|OPEN NSW Gold Prac/Qual Hike Jan 10-13||Turon National Park, New South Wales||
|OPEN Residential Project - Virtual - January 2022||YouthAdvance HQ - Brookvale NSW||
|OPEN NSW Silver Prac/Qual PnP Jan 17-19||
|OPEN NSW Gold Prac/Qual Hike Jan 20-25||Kosciuszko National Park, New South Wales||