Achieving your Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is an adventure from beginning to end. YouthAdvance Australia can give you some of your most memorable experiences!
Our Duke of Ed Adventurous Journey’s are designed to challenge and provide you with a sense of achievement.
YouthAdvance Australia offer school-specific programs and Open programs for individuals during school holidays. We have Duke of Ed Adventurous Journeys all around the country, from the urban fringes to some of the most remote locations around Australia. We offer all levels of Adventurous Journey’s with activities such as hiking, kayaking, snowshoeing, canyoning.
Our qualified and experienced Guides will teach you the necessary skills like navigation, camp craft and teamwork on your practice expedition. Assess your skills on your qualifying expedition. Our staff do not lead from the front, they mentor and instruct from the back. We do this to ensure that you and your group have the opportunity to work as a team and make sound judgments based from your training. You will be required to take responsibility and make decisions for yourself while under the supervision from experienced and qualified outdoor professionals.
PROGRAM FACTS (Excluding Staffing Solutions)
- Participant to staff ratios 7:1 for hiking programs, 8:1 for paddling programs and PacknPaddles
- Maximum number of participants for all programs is 25 (Back to Back or overlapping programs available for larger bookings)
- Emergency communication equipment carried, VHF, UHF, PLB, Satellite Phone and Sat Messenger and Tracker
- Map case, map and compass supplied to each participant.
- Each participant pair is supplied with a services and maintained Trangia Stove (gas converted) and pot set for all programs.
- Transport to and from the program venue (Sydney) based school included in advertised price
- All guides hold industry qualifications along with wilderness or remote area first aid qualifications
- Modern, registered well-maintained kayaks and safety equipment
- Powerboat support for paddling sections
- FREE pre-trip briefing
- Medical data collected using CareMonkey e-platform for paperless collection
For independent awardees or you missed your School Duke of Ed program. Our Open Programs are run during school holidays in some of the most stunning locations around Australia.
Do you have an existing program but struggle to find staff. YouthAdvance can supply you with qualified and experienced guides to ensure that you meet industry standards and best care for your students.
YouthAdvance is passionate in keeping outdoor ed in schools around Australia. Our Program Solutions allows teachers in schools to still have a major role in the coordination and management of their school based Duke of Ed Adventurous Journeys.
|Cheltenham Girls Bronze Practice Hike - 2020 Program Dates||Southern Highlands, NSW||
|St Ursula's College Silver Qualifying Pack & Paddle||Marramarra National Park, New South Wales||
|Cheltenham Girls Bronze Qualifying Hike - 2020 Program Dates||Marramarra National Park, New South Wales||
|Asquith Girls Bronze Qualifying Hike 2020||Southern Highlands, NSW||
|Northern Beaches Secondary College Silver Qualifying Pack & Paddle||Marramarra National Park, New South Wales||
|Davidson High School BRONZE Practice & Qualifying Hike 2020||Marramarra National Park, New South Wales||
|St Ursula's College Gold Qualifying Pack & Paddle||Kosciuszko National Park, New South Wales||
|ACT OPEN QUALIFYING - Bronze Hike, ALL 2020 Program Dates CLICK REGISTER FOR MORE DATES||Venue Pending due to Bushfires||
|NSW OPEN PROGRAM - SILVER Pack&Paddle 2020 - Click Register for More Dates||Marramarra National Park, New South Wales||
|NSW OPEN Bronze Practice Hikes, 2020 Program Dates CLICK REGISTER FOR MORE DATES||Turon National Park, New South Wales||
|Northern Beaches Secondary College Qualifying Gold Hike 2021||